Frequently Asked Questions
When can I use CirrusMD through Texas Docs Cares?
CirrusMD is your access to local doctor for answers to your health questions through your computer or mobile device.
Feeling sick and think you might need a prescription? Have a bad cut and aren’t sure if you need stitches? UT Southwestern’s doctors can answer all your questions on the CirrusMD app.
CirrusMD gives you the peace of mind of knowing if you should "just go back to bed and touch base in the morning," or if you should "go to the emergency room."
How do I use CirrusMD?
CirrusMD was built to work just like the text messaging app on your phone. Once you’re logged in, you can immediately start texting or schedule a video appointment with the doctor.
Why should I use CirrusMD?
- CirrusMD is available at no cost to Houstonians
- Safely text and video chat with a local doctor using your computer or mobile device
- Get the answers, diagnosis and treatment you need from a local doctor
- Receive the care you need from 9am to 9pm, through the month of September
- Avoid long lines. With CirrusMD, you’ll get a response within 3 minutes.
How do I access CirrusMD?
Sign in from your computer, download our app from the Apple App Store or from the Google Play Store.
For Mobile Users
- An iOS device (iPhone 5s/iPad 4th generation) with the latest operating system updated (iOS 9+) and the MyVirtualMPC iOS app installed.
- An Android device (less than 2 years old) with at least KitKat (4.4.4) and the MyVirtualMPC Android app installed.
For Computer Users
- A modern desktop or laptop computer running PC-Windows 7+ or Apple-OSX 10.6+.
- Google Chrome and Firefox are preferred web browsers because they update automatically (Safari and Internet Explorer 11 are not completely compatible with MyVirtualMPC’s video chat technology).
- A stable, high speed internet connection.
Register for CirrusMD at TexasDocs.care:
- All fields in the form are required – please complete the form with information about the patient themselves, and not the caretaker;
- Please ensure you add your Patient ID number from your discharge packet;
- You can hit the tab key on your keyboard to move between form fields;
- You must verify you are a human completing the form, not a robot, by completing the CAPCHA at the bottom of the form;
- One you complete the form, press the REGISTER FOR CirrusMD button and you will see a confirmation page with the message: Your registration has been received! You should receive an email from CirrusMD to confirm your account and complete your registration.
Complete your registration:
- After completing the above form, an email will be sent to you from firstname.lastname@example.org. If you don’t see the email right away, be sure to check in your junk/spam folder.
- You must click on the link in this email to complete your registration and gain access to the platform.
Using CirrusMD for the first time:
- There is an ER physician on call at all times! After typing in your first message, the typical response times are only a matter of minutes.
- The ER physician is there to quickly and efficiently help you – stay online after you send your message please